Ginter Gang

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Animal Cell Project


For 7th grade science, Riley had to make a model of either a plant or animal cell. The fun part was that the project could be totally edible if they wanted! They could use clay or other mediums for a 3-d project - or bake a cake! Well, he chose edible. Eddie helped oversee this, but Riley chose the cake and all the fun organelles (what? I know - just refer to the science book) made of candies. He also gave an oral presentation of his cell. The kids clapped and cheered for him =) The lemon drop is a lysosome, the circus peanuts are mitochondria, the chocolate cherry is the nucleus, the green frosting is the endoplasmic recticulum, the blue frosting are the golgi bodies and the little tiny sprinkles are amino acids! Wheew!

4 Comments:

Blogger joysmallpack said...

Riley, this is totally the way I would go too-- the EDIBLE way with a cake!!! :-) This is so creative and looks like fun to find the candies that matched what was in the science book! Way to go!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger PIM said...

Riley, you rock!! You did an incredible job. John and I were most impressed. I have to say that my favorite part of the cake are the circus peanuts as the mitochondria. Very clever.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Joy Specht said...

Hi Riley,

I loved your science project. I want to eat the nucleus....yummy.

You did such a good job and you got such a good grade. You deserve it.

Love Grammie

8:12 PM  
Blogger LEARNING TOURISM IN THE CLASSROOM GRADE 10 said...

wow.....!!!!!! what a wandaful idea. I have learnt a lot from this and I as a teacher I think I wll do somthig like this for my leesson about a cell. thank you

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home